Creative Machine Embellishing. How to use Your Embellisher to Make Textile Art.
Time & Location
About the event
Creative machine embellishing will teach you how to use your embellishing machine to create your own unique fabric. Embellishers are also known as felting machines, and they work using barbed needles. You can create interesting textile surfaces to use on their own, or as a base for embroidery, fashion, accessories.
This is a textile art workshop for anyone who hasn’t been able to fully exploit their creative potential in machine embellishing using their needle-felting machine.
You will learn lots of ways to make different surfaces for textile art and decorative projects:
- making felt fabric from wool tops
- add texture to non-wool fabrics
- add decoration to plain fabrics
- creating new fabrics from fabric and scraps, and thread trimmings
- creating braids and trims
- how embellishing machines can be used to make surfaces as a base for hand or machine embroidery
You will go away with a brooch/corsage and lots of sample pieces
fibres and threads, tuition, personalised support, homemade cake, and drinks.
You will need to bring your own embellisher machine (with the power cable/foot control accessories, and spare needles as these are individual to machines).